• Forfatter
  • besked

pal

• Highscores: 0
    Arcade winning challenges: 0

EPC 2013

Indlægtirs 18. jun 2013 22:30

Hi guys!

Stockholm Open is now over, and the EPC train is speeding up. Hopefully we can have the web site up and running within a week or two.

There is no cap on the number of participants, so you don't have to worry about not getting in. The exact participation fee has not been decided yet, but it will be a couple of hundred SEK (9 SEK = €1).

Our new electronic scorekeeping system turned out to be a great success - cutting the staff needs into less than half! It will make it much easier for us to be able to keep our schedule without delays due to staff shortage.

Planned dates and times are still static - Friday Sept 13 18.00 to Sunday Sept 15 18.00 - and we will squeeze everything inside of those borders. But again - don't book your flight home at 19.30 on Sunday - you never know if you end up playing a grandious final including hour-long games, screwing our schedule up! And you need to allocate time to get your trophies. :)

There will be a main division, a Classics division and a team division. We have not yet decided whether the team division will be purely national teams, or if we will allow multiple teams per country and cross-country teams (it's dependent on time and scheduling). There will also be a few small side tournaments and a bunch of training/entertainment machines.

The premises turned out to be just as great as we thought they would be. They have all the facilities we need - both regarding the infrastructure to run the tournament, and regarding things to do for players not playing at the moment. The only downside is that it's not located in central Stockholm, but compared to some previous tournaments it's very downtown. :) You can get to central Stockholm in 20 minutes.

The system is being ironed out right now, and will be built upon the system used in the Swedish Championships. We don't have it described in English yet, but if you're interested you can machine-translate http://www.flippersm.se/?s=system from Swedish. We might change some things though, and the final system will be described (in English) at the launch of the EPC web site.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
/P

pal

Re: EPC 2013

Indlægtirs 18. jun 2013 22:32

Eftersom det här kan vara intressant även för danskar (åtminstone för EPC i september):

EPC/SM efterlyser chaufför(er)!

Uppgifter: Köra lastbil från Göteborg till Stockholm ToR den 11/9 - 16/9 samt köra lastbil från Malmö till Stockholm ToR den 6/11 - 11/11, bägge gångerna med ett par stopp längs vägen. Det behöver naturligtvis inte vara samma chaufför båda gångerna.

What's in it for you? Well, vi kan pröjsa lite ersättning. Kanske inte marknadsmässig helglön, men gratis resa (så klart), gratis hotellrum, gratis deltagande i tävlingen, gratis mat, etc, etc. Hör av dig så förhandlar vi lite!

Har du även tillgång till lastbil så är det så klart ett plus (vi betalar hyra). Har du det inte, så fixar vi det på annat håll.

Den som känner någon chaufför får naturligtvis gärna tipsa denne (eller mig).
/P

pal

Re: EPC 2013

Indlægtirs 18. jun 2013 22:34

Hvordan gør man hvis man hvil ha et email når nogen skriver et indlæg i denne tråd? Og får man noget special-pris hvis man skriver tre indlæg på tre foreskellige sprog i en og samme tråd inden et par minutter?

Tilbage til Events