• besked
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

• Geografisk sted: København
  • Highscores: 0
    Arcade winning challenges: 0

EPC 2020 UDSKUDT

Indlægons 29. apr 2020 13:51

EPC 2020 der skulle have fundet sted til oktober i Belgien er blevet udskudt til 1.-3. oktober 2021 stadig samme sted i Sint-Niklaas, Belgien.

"This choice was made with a lot of regrets but with the following arguments

- what will be the situation in October in Belgium (2nd wave f.e.)? Will we be allowed by government to organize a 300+ event? Today, in Belgium all bigger events are not allowed until end of August already.
- will enough foreign players be allowed and interested to travel abroad and play a 300+ competitors pinball weekend, especially by plane?
- we invited some pinball industry people and even already acknowledged, will they still be allowed and willing to make the trip to EU?
- risk of losing money as organizing team for non refundable things/reservations/...
- will local restaurant and pubs be allowed to open (we planned a friday dinner in a restaurant, a saturday party in the town center)
- can we guarantee social distance, safety and hygienic measures when players compete on the same machines
- will we have enough volunteers willing to work in a crowded environment

All these things made us realize we will never be able to organize an EPC the way we would want it.
It is not what we want but we have to be realistic. And no matter how much we love pinball, there a lot more cons than pros in this story."
|×[ED ]×|
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

Re: EPC 2020 UDSKUDT

Indlægons 20. jan 2021 13:20

Det belgiske hold har valgt ikke at begynde planlægningen af et EPC i oktober 2021, grunden den stadig usikre situation.
De er dog villige til tage faklen op igen til 2022, hvis ikke andre havde planer om det.
Oprindeligt skulle EPC og IFPA VM være holdt i Tyskland 2021, så det hele afhænger nok af, hvor år VM kan løbe af stablen igen.
|×[ED ]×|
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

Re: EPC 2020 UDSKUDT

Indlægons 23. feb 2022 20:53

Kort update fra det Belgiske hold:
"We will withdaw the plans to organize the 2022 EPC. The organizing team their lives have changed a lot compared to the the pre corona situation so that is the main reason for the most of them to decide not to go further with the organizing of the EPC."
|×[ED ]×|

Tilbage til Events